I have been maintaining a plot I did in February, comparing the temperatures month by month of various indices with those of 1997/98. I thought I should post the plot again here for easier access. There is some sign of recession from the peak in April, and this will probably be reinforced in May, although global SST still seems warm. In fact, I had to modify the plot somewhat, as in April for the first time, some indices (RSS and UAH, troposphere) dropped below their 1998 levels. This was because of an unusual TLT spike in 1998, where April stood out as hottest month. I have made the bars somewhat transparent.
So here is the plot. You can use the arrows at the top to cycle through the various datasets:
Below the jump I'll show the NOAA plot, to show the April result (1.103°C, down from 1.23). I'll also mention Arctic Ice and news on my battles with HTTPS.
Here is the NOAA plot, which is fairly typical of recent land/ocean data:
Arctic Sea Ice continues its rapid melting. As usual, full details are at Neven's.
I've been making progress with HTTPS accomodation. It's a frustrating business. As I said earlier, by scripts etc are held in an Amazon bucket, which means an actual change to the address I use (not just adding a s to http). But then I battled with another annoyance - Firefox wouldn't even let me into pages to test, and seemed to say that the certificate from Blogger was wrong. And Google is the big booster of https use! It turned out that the problem was that I regularly write the URL as www.moyhu... out of habit (I think it was originally required) and that has always worked. But it turns out that the certificate has no www. and that is a problem. So now I have to change all that.
However, the good thing is that it has forced me to create a database of all the files I use and their location, both in local files and on web. My idea of removing post content from the system managed by blogger editor, and replacing with a JS stub, didn't work. However, I used a marvellous old DOS-like system, NirSoft, to automate a lot of the editor handling. Then I can rationalise, which will help. I think everything is almost working, and I'm using a lot of https links internally. Please let me know of any problems. I may switch to https redirection quite soon.